Valaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty kingdoms dot a vast landscape filled with danger and treasure.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Carthyra's apprenticeship.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2014, 00:54

Carthyra hold the scroll out to the guard, "This looks like something that would be more important to you than me." She lifts the lid to the chest and looks inside.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2014, 21:25

The guard takes the note. and walks outside and begins to read it. In the chest is more gold. and and some armor.

(+1000 gold, and some cloth armor meant from a mage.)
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2014, 22:37

Carthyra folds the armor, puts it into her backpack, and loads the gold into a satchel. She exits the room and starts walking toward the exit of the mine. "Alrighty, let's get out of here."
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2014, 20:28

"Finally. " the guard and Harper follow. to the exit of the mine. where there were a few more spider bodies on the floor. Harper walked up to the alchemist "Thaks for everything, but be careful that ore you have its just not right." Every pne heads back to town and goes to the Fat Cat Inn for some rest. leaving Carthyra to do as she pleases.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2014, 21:07

Carthyra inspects the robe in her backpack for any special defining qualities.

After, she heads to a magical gear shop. She addresses the clerk working there. "Hel-" She accidentally kicks the leg of a small table causing a few rings to fall off of a display. "Ooh! I'm so sorry, here." She stoops and starts resetting the rings one by one on the display.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2014, 23:07

A Man sitting at the table face palms then looks at the girl "Your an Elf you better say your like 10 or something because if your like 144 that's just stupid on how you tipped that over. And im sure your the apprentice to the old alchemist at the shop."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 May 2014, 00:49

"Yes actually, I am. Both accounts, that's me." She sets the last ring on the display and rises to her feet. More slowly approaching the counter she says, "I'm looking for something to make my hands work faster and more precisely. Do you have any kind of glove, bracelet, or something to increase my manual dexterity?"
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 May 2014, 21:27

"Archon gloves. they increase you dexterity by +3 but its going to cost you 10,000 gold. Its hard to craft after all."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 04:55

"Oh. Okay, never mind. Carthyra looks for a better stocked wondrous item shop.

Spot check +10
Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 04:55

The member 'Carthyra Alinyas' has done the following action : Outcome

'D20' : 18
Back to top Go down
https://sw-eow.rpg-board.net
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 11:59

Carthyra  saw the same type of leather armor at half price that ends today. it gives: +3 ac, +3 dex, and it comes with the pair of gloves the merchant was selling  for 6,000 gold. "See I see you found the one day sale well its yours if you have the money."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 17:12

Carthyra feels the weight of her coin pouch and it feels just shy of 6,000. "That is a good offer. I've got 5,500 cash I'll give you right now for the gloves, and I'll let you keep the armor."
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 17:32

Harper come in as Carthyra says she is short on money "Hey she just saved this town how about a little more of a discount." The merchant shrugged "Fine Harper but just this once. 5000 gold. and you can and you can have both."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 18:02

Carthyra's eyes widen excitedly as Harper vouches for her. "Gee, thanks, Mister Harper." She gives him a quick tight hug and then starts to count out her 5,000 coins. After she is done, she exchanges the coins for the equipment and goes back to her master's shop.

(Does the armor give +3 dex too, or is that the max dex score for AC?)
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 18:39

(you get a total of +6 dex 3 for the gloves and 3 for the armor. +3 ac from the armor. I really gave you that at a cheap price.)

"Ah your back did you get the ore and it also looks like you found some new clothing." The old man Continues o help people with injuries from the mine. "What happened to these people it looks like spider bites and claw strikes on them." The old man shrugged it off and continues to work.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 19:03

(Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything nearly that nice.)

"Yes, Master, I got your ore. There were these frightful spiders in the mine. Like you know how centaurs are half horse, half man? These were bottom half half spider with little misshapen orcs on top. They were simply horrific."

Carthyra gives Master the ore he needs and starts making Healing Salves out of the shop's materials in her lab in the back.

Craft alchemy mod: +20

After she finishes them, she uses whatever she successfully made to tend to the wounded guards and miners.

Last edited by Carthyra Alinyas on Sun 04 May 2014, 19:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 19:03

'D20' : 2, 4, 13, 11, 4
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 19:18

Only two of the Healing Salves are up to par to help the guards and miners. "So how was your little adventure." The old Man went to his workshop and began to work on the ore for the king.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 19:28

Carthyra uses the salves to soothe and heal the wounds of two guards. She follows Master into the work area, "It was so frightening. I was not expecting to have to kill anything. I wanted to help Harper, but he ended up saving me from a spider. After I got out, there were spiders attacking the town. I killed one. It was very exciting, but I'm not sure I liked having to kill something. Still, those things were awful beings that only wanted to hurt people so I guess I'm glad I helped. In the mine when we went in to save Harper there was a guy who killed a guard. Right in front of me, he was dead. Why would somebody want to hurt somebody else like that?" She notices that her hands are shaking and her eyes had started to tear up as she recalls the traumatizing events of the day.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2014, 21:38

"My dear you know little of this world yet you seek to be an alchemist. you must travle the world a little not just stay here. " The old man finishes the potion "Here take this to the king in Sieto. " The old man went back into the room with all the injured men "Ok whos next. you with the messed up arm lets see if we can fix that, or it might just have to come off."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2014, 01:33

"I just want to pursue science and help people with it." Carthyra takes the King's potion. "I don't need the world's evil."

She goes into the back area to prepare her potions. After her spell potions are brewed, she tries to make some elf hazel and 3 healing salves. After she's finished, she puts 150 gold into the money coffers and takes 5 alchemist fires.

Craft checks: +20
Elf Hazel
3 healing salves

Last edited by Carthyra Alinyas on Tue 06 May 2014, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2014, 01:33

#1 'D20' : 19

--------------------------------

#2 'D20' : 8, 7, 17
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2014, 22:12

Every thing Carthyra make comes out perfectly. "My young apprentice, we alchemist must know the evils of the world so we do not pursue it blindly, for if we can only see the light then the darkness can come at any time." The old man quickly looked at Carthyra "You had to fight but you fought not to fight, but to fight for someone else. That is our light. But this is darkness." The old man pored a potion on the floor covering the room in darkness. making Carthyra go blind demonic voices came from all places. But as soon as they came they left her master pored another potion on the floor. "You see my young apprentice. There is always evil in good and good in evil. This is alchemy you must learn both or you will fall to your own creations."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2014, 02:10

Carthyra clenches her fists and shuts her eyes as the darkness enters the room, but she forces herself to keep standing despite her fear. She listens to Master's latest lesson and responds, "The Evil today did sneak up on me. Gosh, I wasn't prepared to fight at all, let alone fight for something. It can't be my job to fight, I'm just a silly little girl in a big bad world." She sighs deeply and shakes her head. She never understood much of Master's philosophies, only his formulas. "I'll be back in a few days, Master."

She packs everything up that's necessary and writes a short letter to Harper.

Harper,

I'm leaving town for a few days. Be careful, please. I expect to see you when I get back.

The Alchemist from the Mine

She pays a courier a gold to deliver it to him as she's leaving the city to go North East toward Winterfall.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2014, 20:58

THe alchemist shakes his head "My dear apprentice you have much to learn." The letter Carthyra wrote to Harper arrived at the Fat Cat Inn he reads the letter as a miner passes by him "Harper. I didn't know you had a girl let alone an alchemist." Harper smiles and puts the letter in his pocket "She not my Girl Brother, shes my hero. And what this town needs is a hero. Lets just hope she can see that herself. " The Guards at the Gate open it one of the guards if from earlier "Thank you, if you wherent there we might all be slaves to that wizard. We have already sent a messenger to the generals in Winterfall. You are truly a life saver."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carthyra's apprenticeship.   Carthyra's apprenticeship. - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carthyra's apprenticeship.
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valaris  :: Bavaria :: The Sweet Quill-
Jump to: