Valaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty kingdoms dot a vast landscape filled with danger and treasure.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The traveling merchant

Go down 
+2
Jason
Gorik
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

The traveling merchant  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 13:05

The member 'Carthyra Alinyas' has done the following action : Outcome

'D20' : 16
Back to top Go down
https://sw-eow.rpg-board.net
vakus

vakus

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 14:50

Vakus reloads his crossbow before walking over to the cart.  "Hail, it seems you gotten yourself into a bit of trouble there." Vakus looks around at the injured warriors and the dead body laying on the ground.  "Sorry about your friend there."
Back to top Go down
Dolen

Dolen

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 15:02

"No need." Dolen walks towards the elemental body looking for anything special to find.

(Search check. if i'm wrong just tell me.)

Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 15:02

The member 'Dolen' has done the following action : Outcome

'D20' : 10
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 16:34

Most of it just looks like dirt and rocks, but after rooting around in the rubble Dolen finds a few raw gems and the gem serving as the creature's core.

(1 raw garnet, 1 raw amethyst, 1 large damaged aquamarine, 2 lbs unrefined silver)

Gorik continues speaking to Vakus, "Oh him? He was just an adventurer I had hired to protect my wares. It seems his contract is now open, would you be interested in filling it? The pay is 2,500 gold on arrival in Winterfall." He extends his hand with a smile.
Back to top Go down
vakus

vakus

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 18:25

Vakus reaches out his hand and shakes Goriks, "I'll hopefully recieve the same heart-warming treatment he did in the case of my death." Vakus walks over to the mangled body and starts searching it for anything still in one piece.

search check: +2
Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 18:25

The member 'vakus' has done the following action : Outcome

'D20' : 2
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 19:14

Jason's body has two rapiers on it, a sack containing 2231 gold, and another sack containing 100 gold. Gorik recognizes the second sack, "Hey! That bugger lifted some of my gold!" He walks over and takes it from you. "Sorry, but this one is mine. I doubt that the rest of it was really his either, but you can have it anyway." He takes the horses off of the cart and ties them to a tree. "You boys did well. Hows about we take a break for the rest of today?"
Back to top Go down
Dolen

Dolen

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 19:29

Dolen put the gems and ores in his bag. and walks over to the new dwarf. "Welcom. I'm Dolen. lets hope your better then that thief over there. hes almost got me killed twice now." Dolen walks over to the hill and looked over the city. The spirit appeared before Dolen. "What do you want." The spirit smirked and looked at the city. "What a desolate place, the undead walk the land orc killing anything that enters the city, and the humans,dwarfs,and elfs killing each outher. I love it." Dolen though to himself "I never thought I would be here again, hopefully no one notices me." the spirit looks at Dolen "Thinking about where your sister is?" "No, not this time."
Back to top Go down
vakus

vakus

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 19:34

Vakus takes the items he finds on the body and turns to Dolan. "Nice to meet you, so I guess no one liked this poor sod." Vakus looks down at the body then back up at Dolan. "My name is Vakus, so what brings you lot out here?"
Back to top Go down
Dolen

Dolen

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 19:37

Dolen was broken out of his trace once Vakus began to speak. "Two things, and right now im thinking of what are we getting into heading right into this desolate place."

Last edited by Dolen on Fri 11 Jul 2014, 19:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vakus

vakus

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 19:40

Vakus chuckles and walks over to Gorik, "Nothing that I can't handle, that's what." He puts down the two rapiers in front of the merchant. "Can I get anything for these?"
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 19:46

"Certainly, lad. Let me take a look at them."

Appraise check: +16
Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 19:46

'D20' : 18
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 21:24

"It looks like they have a magical enhancement. I'm running low on gold right now, but I'm sure I can find some soldiers willing to buy them. If you let me hang on to them, I'll give you a thousand gold each when I sell them.
Back to top Go down
vakus

vakus

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 21:30

Vakus hands them over to Gorik, "Sounds like a good deal, hope you sell them quickly." With that Vakus walks over and sits down beside the cart and speaks a magical enchantment filling up his everfull mug of wine, he gets comfortable and starts drinking.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 22:15

If nobody else wants to do anything, Gorik sells everybody dinner for 2g. The night passes uneventfully and you wake up bright and early the next morning.

Another trading caravan is coming out of Winterfall, and Gorik does some bartering with them. He is able to sell the everlasting rations and one rapier. Gorik gives Vakus the full 2,000g for both of them.

Profession (trader): +11

Vakus: +2000g

Last edited by Carthyra Alinyas on Fri 11 Jul 2014, 22:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 22:15

'D20' : 7
Back to top Go down
Dolen

Dolen

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 22:39

(If i can do this.)

Before the outher caravan leaves Dolen speaks to one of the merchants"Hold on, you would happen to sell any great-swords in stock."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 22:47

"Of course we do, we just came out of a warzone. We've got more weapons than we'll be able to sell for months. What kind do you want?"

(Over night, everyone heals for their ECL worth of damage.)
Back to top Go down
Dolen

Dolen

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 23:06

"Do you have a Falchion."
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 23:13

"Ooh... I don't know. That's not a very common weapon. Let me check."

Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 23:13

'%' : 53
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 23:20

"Actually, yeah we got one from some elves. It's masterwork, so it will be rather expensive. 400g and it's all yours. We've gotta keep moving though if we're going to make it to the bridge before nightfall, so are you gonna buy it or what?"
Back to top Go down
Dolen

Dolen

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2014, 00:55

"Ill take it." Dolen hand the merchant 400gp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The traveling merchant    The traveling merchant  - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The traveling merchant
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next