Mighty kingdoms dot a vast landscape filled with danger and treasure.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Character Creation Proposals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Character Creation Proposals   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:07

Currently, character creation says that fortitude save is based off of strength when it should be constitution. Not a big deal, it's just something I noticed.

Also, I have a friend that wants to try out forum DnD, but he doesn't think he would enjoy a character with only 65 points to spend. So I'd like to propose increasing the attribute point system from 65 to 72. Reason being that the entire game system was designed around the average attribute for a player character being 12+. I just rolled up about 10 characters worth of stats the classic way and got an average of 12.2 for their attributes. 12 points x 6 attributes = 72 points. I get the feeling that the creators of the forum wanted to have interesting characters with interesting flaws, thus the low point count. I see characters like Lily and Dolen who have a bunch of 10s and are remarkably unremarkable. I think that adding 7 attribute points to make characters more heroic would be beneficial to player and DM alike by making a smoother game with more interesting characters.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Proposals   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 19:26

I fell that we should Chang that but I didn't want to say anything due to how no one ever said anything,if we really wanna play like d&d we could do the 72 points or we can do what my.the books and my dm like is where we roll 4d6 6 times and then drop the loest number and add up the three remaninh numbers with the best score being 18 and the lowest 3. We roll 4d6 one for each stat so let's say you get. A 15,16,12,18,17 and a 10 you can put what ever numbers you want in str,chr,con,dex,wil,and int. But I have been wanting to Chang the player system for a little bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Proposals   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 22:15

I've always done the 4d6 minus the lowest roll method too. I also think that it would be a bit inefficient to roll out characters that way over a forum. I pitched 72 because I didn't know how open you'd be to the change, but I'd rather have 75 as a round number. It makes it super hard on a paladin like you especially because you need high rolls in literally every stat. I vote we change it to 75 and give existing characters 10 extra points.

We should put a cap on it though. Like you can't have higher than 25 base points at character creation. Say Carthyra had 25 points in dex and then got +2 for being an elf, she'd have 27 and it would be fine. That way we don't have godly warriors with 30 str, 10 dex, 30 con, 3 int, 1 wis, 1 cha as a level one halfling barbarian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilly

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Proposals   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 22:36

I can see what your saying and I do believe in a cap on base stats but I think people Are smart enoght to know if you have 1 Will a they get a -4 on a will save and -4 on anything to do with will do sure let's do the 75 point system. I have no problems with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Proposals   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 23:14

It's settled then. Dolen, Lilly, and Carthyra all get 10 attribute points. Newly created characters get 75 from now on. I don't know how close to Dolen you are or if you are Dolen, but could you make sure he knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dolen

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Proposals   Sat 14 Nov 2015, 02:30

No i got it all was at work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Proposals   

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Proposals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top