Valaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty kingdoms dot a vast landscape filled with danger and treasure.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Paladins test

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lilly

Lilly

The Paladins test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014, 17:25

Lilly starts to pas out ten gold to each of the people until see runs out of gold or people, to give to.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014, 20:45

88 homeless and poor by the cathedral.

-880g

(How much do you have left btw?)
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014, 21:41

(1976 gold left)

Lilly continues to look for the poor to help them out.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2014, 00:52

You walk around for a few minutes, handing out your usual 10g each as you go (-260g). You notice that the amount of disadvantaged people on the streets increases and the buildings seem more dilapidated as you go. You come to a large open area with a dozen fire barrels and many shabbily garbed people gathered around each barrel.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jun 2014, 15:18

Lilly starts to walk around each barrel and asks them if they need any money for there family or simply for food.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2014, 00:05

It seems as though every person here needs something and as you are aiding people near one barrel, people come to you from other barrels as well. "Please ma'am, for my wife." "I'm so hungry." "The nights are getting colder, and my children need blankets." Nobody in this area appears to have more than a few scraps of clothing to their name.

Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2014, 00:05

The member 'Carthyra Alinyas' has done the following action : Outcome

'D20' : 11
Back to top Go down
https://sw-eow.rpg-board.net
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2014, 00:11

Your gold begins running out out much more quickly than you thought it would, and you notice some of the same faces asking you for money more than once.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 22:02

Lilly hands everyone an equal amount of gold but the one with children she hands a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 00:12

Your money runs out faster than you thought it would, but it is still out regardless. Many of the people express thanks with bright faces, yet many sulk away without a word. After your money runs out, most of the people lose interest in you and go to spend their recently acquired gold or resume sitting quietly by a fire.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 13:33

Lilly heads back to the paladin temple the meet up with the paladin leader.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 21:02

You walk up the steps of the guild and into the main hall. There are many candelabras the height of a grown man lining the main walkway. The light of these candles is outshone by the light streaming in the high windows despite the late hour of the evening. You hear chanting from other parts of the guild, but don't recognize every chant you hear.

At the end of the main hall, the guild master is seated in a circle of other paladins. They all stand and face you at your approach. You see many races represented here, and many symbols other than Pelor's upon their raiments. The guild master gestures for you to move toward the center of the circle and speaks, "You come to us, sister, to join a guild of paladins." A human with Pelor's symbol upon his breast to the guild master's left steps forward, "This guild of paladins represents more than the Shining One, but all who serve a Paladin's Code of Good are allowed entrance." He empties a vial on the ground before you as a half elf with a teardrop upon a white feather upon his breast steps forward, "For Benevolence is not limited to Pelor's following, but all who serve Good. May Altana bless you with the wisdom to discern when to draw and stay your weapon." He empties a vial on the floor next to you as a half orc with a level scale within an eye upon his breats steps forward, "If you are to make war, always weigh your cause. For Ardian blesses those who fight with Honor and deliver Justice." One by one, paladins come forward to bestow the blessing of their God upon you and pour out a vial upon the ground. "For we paladins are charged with the protection of civilization, and for keeping the peace of this world. May Charmeine bless your heart to keep your love stronger than your anger." "Life is a sacred thing, and the right of all who do not seek to take it from others without cause. May Illunian preserve us all." "For we paladins serve as a shield against evil and those who serve it. Machidiel bless this paladin's eyes so that her might may not cloud them and they could see clearly to defend the weak." "May Rejiksson bless you and ensure that, in your passing, you leave this world a better place than you were born into."

As the final paladin finishes her blessing, the guild master holds a bright shining vial and throws it at your feet. Suddenly the liquid poured out by the paladins ignites in holy fire. They all chant together, "May the Gods of Good smile upon your path and bless you with success in all your future endeavors." When the fire subsides, only the guild master is left. He smiles and embraces you, "Welcome to our number, sister. As an anointed of Pelor, you are to use the Shining One's favored weapon, the heavy mace." He points to a door in the hall. "Down there is the armory, you can trade in your current weapon there."
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 15:57

Lilly headed towards the armory for her new weapon she thought hopefully they have a nice long sword.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 17:35

You enter the armory and see a fellow paladin behind a counter with a long room behind him. In that room are maces, axes, warhammers, swords, and other weapons hung all over the walls and spears and staves in barrels. The man smiles and greets you warmly, "Ardian bless you. You must be new because I've not seen your face in here before, so you must need a favored weapon. Which deity do you represent?"
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 18:09

Lilly looks around to see all the weapons she quickly turns to the man and answers"Pelor. My personal preference are longs swords with shields." Lilly continue to look at all the weapons and armor they have as if they control a small army.
Back to top Go down
Carthyra Alinyas

Carthyra Alinyas

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 19:28

As soon as Pelor's name is out of your mouth, he emerges from the room with a masterwork heavy mace."Sorry, sister, the guild only contributes to your gear if you align with your order's favored weapon. I haven't studied Pelor's way too closely, but as an armorer I've heard that it is frowned upon for Pelor's followers to spill blood. You can continue using your sword if you want, but unless you follow the teaching of a deity that favors long swords or edged weapons, if I may put in a good word for Ardian, then that sword isn't going to get any better from guild funding. Besides," He flips the mace behind his back and catches it with his other hand. "it's still light enough to use with a shield." He places the weapon on the counter between you. "Your choice. If you're used to the sword, then it doesn't make a difference to me whether you use it or not. Just don't expect Pelor's followers to bless your sword for free."
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014, 16:34

Lilly thinks for a second before looking at the mace. she walk towards the man and picks up the mace and gives it a few swing. before placing it down on the counter. "No thank you I'll keep my old sword, thank you anyway." Lilly walks out of the armory looking for a quest board or something to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paladins test   The Paladins test - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paladins test
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2